Little Acorns Preschool was established over 40 years ago, on 1st May 1973 by two local mothers who wanted to provide regular, high quality nursery care to parents locally; a theme which continues today. Little Acorns is run by an experienced and caring team and is set in the heart of the community of Ifold. More information can be found further down this page.
Large Hall: (scroll down for term dates).
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 09:15hrs until 13:15hrs;
Tuesday & Thursday 09:15hrs until 15:15hrs.
Monday – Friday: Lunch session 12:30hrs until 13:15hrs
TODDLER GROUP “Tuesday Tots“ Tuesdays term time 10.00hrs until 11.30hrs in the Small Hall. £2 per family which includes hot drinks and biscuits for the adults. Please see their dedicated Facebook page : Tuesday Tots @ Kelsey Hall, Ifold or contact Emma Skelly .
All children aged 3-4 years are entitled to 15 hours of free nursery education a week. This starts the term after their 3rd birthday. For non-funded children or for extra sessions, the charge is £13.50 a session and £4.50 for a lunch session. In certain circumstances Government funding (Free Entitlement) is available for 2 year olds. This is dependent on financial eligibility.
01403 752670 Alison Griggs or Catherine Herbert
Term Dates 2018-2019
Autumn 2018 : 4th September – 17th December (Half Term : 22nd – 26th October).
Spring 2019 : 3rd January – 5th April (Half Term : 18th – 22nd February).
Summer 2019 : 23rd April – 19th July (Half Term 27th May – 31st May.)
Our setting aims to:
- Provide high quality care and education for children aged 2 ½ to 5 years
- Ensure children are valued as individuals in a happy, friendly and caring environment
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop
- Add to the life and well-being of the local community
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
We aim to ensure that each child:
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment
- Is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer parent helpers
- Has the chance to join in with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together
- Is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by building on existing skills and knowledge
- Has a personal key person who makes sure they progress at their own pace.