A Brief History of Kelsey Hall
Kelsey Hall started life as a brick garage! Situated on the site called ‘Kelsey’ in Chalk Road, it was given, in 1948, to the Ifold Gardening Club (IGC).
In 1953 the land was officially bought by Ifold Freeholders & Residents Association (IFRA) after much fund-raising. This enabled Kelsey Hall to be officially recognised as a community centre.
The brick garage was subsequently annexed by the addition of an ex-army hut, purchased via fundraising by IFRA and IGC. The brick garage then served as a library, supported by WSCC.
IGC helped out again in 1971, when the army hut had to be replaced by 3 prefabs.
In 1978, supported by local Councils and charitable trusts, a permanent structure was built.
In 1980 Kelsey Hall was registered as a Charity (No. 281056-R).
In 2002, more fundraising and a lottery grant enabled an extension to each wing to form the present day venue.
In 2009 the land was vested in the name of Official Custodian of Charities.
More information about the history of Kelsey Hall and Ifold itself can be found in the archives of the Ifold Local History Society which are stored at Kelsey Hall. Click HERE for more information.